In the age of stunning smartphone cameras, Samsung has consistently raised the bar with its feature-rich and sophisticated camera phones.
From capturing high-quality images to enhancing your mobile photography experience, these top 8 Samsung camera phones cater to every need and budget.
Take a quick peek at our product list for our top recommendations, or scroll down to read detailed reviews and find your perfect match.
- Capture Every Moment in Ultra High Resolution with 100X Zoom: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.
- Unleash Next-Level Power with 5G Technology: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Experience Lightning-Fast Speed with 5G Technology: Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Unleash 5G Power and Pro-Grade Camera in One Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Unleash your productivity with the ultimate tech power: Samsung Galaxy Note10+
- Unlocked Smartphone Ideal for Global Travelers and Power Users: Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Ultimate Gaming and Streaming Experience on-the-go: Samsung Galaxy A53
- Unleash Your Creativity with a Versatile Camera Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
- 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED display
- Up to 12GB RAM and 1TB storage
- Snapdragon 895/Exynos 2200 chipset options
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging capabilities
- Quad rear camera setup: 108MP primary sensor, 12MP ultra-wide lens, 10MP periscope telephoto lens, and a 3D ToF sensor
- 40MP front-facing camera
- 8K video recording capabilities
I recently got my hands on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, and I must say, I’m impressed with its camera performance. With a DXOMARK Camera score of 140, it’s no surprise that this phone is a great imaging allrounder.
The primary camera boasts a whopping 200MP 1/1.3″ sensor with an f/1.7-aperture lens, which gives excellent detail in bright light and a wide dynamic range across all light levels.
What really stood out to me was its tele zoom at very long ranges, thanks to Samsung’s use of two dedicated tele-cameras- one offering 3x optical zoom while the other provides up to 10x optical zoom- handy for capturing distant shots like wildlife – perfect for me.
However, it must be mentioned that though the hardware is sophisticated enough, yet still slightly behind Huawei Mate 50 Pro or Honor Magic 4 Ultimate when it comes to competitive level.
Videos captured on this device were smooth and stable, too – extremely useful for my vlogging activities as well! While white balance in low light left some room for improvement, overall video performance exceeded expectations.
In comparison to its predecessor S22 Ultra (Snapdragon version), the Galaxy S23 Ultra has significantly improved stability and exposure while also delivering faster autofocus speed in brighter lighting conditions.
- Great battery life with 5000mAh capacity
- 5G connectivity for faster internet speeds
- Water and dust resistance (IP68) for added durability
- Excellent camera system with advanced zoom capabilities and 8K video recording
- Low contrast in backlit scenes
- Noise in low light and indoors
- Built-in S Pen for easy note-taking and drawing
- Nightography camera for stunning low-light photography
- 8K video capture for ultra-sharp footage
- 128GB of storage capacity
- 8/12GB RAM Exynos 2200 processor for fast performance
- Brightest display screen with 1440×3088 pixels resolution
The camera specifications are top-notch, with a primary 108 MP sensor, dual telephoto lenses with optical zoom, and an ultra-wide lens. The video capabilities are also impressive, with 8K resolutions up to 24fps and 4K up to 60fps.
After testing out the camera, I can confidently say that it delivers a solid performance overall. Compared to its predecessor S21 Ultra, there are notable improvements, especially in terms of zoom and video quality. However, night photography still needs some work as well as texture/noise trade-off.
When taking still images, the camera performs well, particularly in rendering accurate and pleasing colors. Luminance noise is less noticeable than in the Exynos version but still present, while the texture is slightly better. There were some observed ringing artifacts in all conditions, which was a bit disappointing.
Target exposure was generally good in different lighting situations. However, fusion artifacts did occasionally appear when capturing high-contrast scenes. On the upside, though, ghosting was controlled much better than on the Exynos model.
- The device provides accurate white balance and captures good detail in photos.
- The exposure and dynamic range of the captured images are good, giving a better overall output.
- It performs well in flash-off night shots, displaying nice color and good exposure.
- The bokeh mode of the camera is impressive, as it accurately isolates the subject and creates a blur gradient.
- The device captures noticeable luminance noise in both photo and video modes.
- Autofocus is slow when capturing images, causing some delay in capturing the perfect shot.
- 5G connectivity for lightning-fast mobile Internet browsing and streaming
- Large 6.7-inch screen for an immersive viewing experience
- Generous 128GB memory storage capacity for all your apps, photos, and videos
- Unlocked phone compatible with all carriers, giving you greater flexibility and control over your wireless plan
- Sleek Cosmic Black color adds a touch of sophistication to your tech collection
- Powered by Android OS for seamless integration with other Google apps and services
With a primary camera that boasts a 12MP 1/1.76-inch sensor, a 26mm-equivalent f/1.8-aperture lens with dual-pixel PDAF and OIS, you can be sure that your shots will come out looking fantastic.
In addition to its great primary camera, the S20+ also has a telephoto lens with a 64MP sensor and a wide-angle lens with a 12MP sensor. The ultra-wide camera is particularly impressive, delivering some of the best results we’ve seen in this category.
One thing to note about the S20+, however, is that its zoom capabilities are not as strong as those found on devices with longer telephoto lenses. As you push magnification past x2, expect to see more noise and artifacts than usual.
Overall though, I would definitely recommend the Samsung Galaxy S20+. It has exceptional exposure capabilities even in challenging lighting conditions and delivers vivid colors for truly eye-catching photos. Its autofocus is fast and accurate too, which makes capturing every moment effortless.
- Enjoy lightning-fast 5G connectivity on your Samsung Galaxy S20+ for seamless streaming and browsing.
- Get crystal-clear, professional-quality photos with the phone’s advanced quad camera system featuring a 64MP main lens.
- Experience immersive video and gaming on the phone’s stunning Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with a fast 120Hz refresh rate.
- Store all your favorite apps, photos, and videos with ease thanks to the phone’s ample storage space – 128GB ROM and 12GB RAM.
- Renewed product may have some wear and tear
- No headphone jack included
- High price point compared to other smartphones on the market
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G boasts lightning-fast speeds on the latest 5G cellular network.
- With a massive 128GB of memory storage capacity, you’ll have plenty of space for all your photos, music, and apps.
- The vibrant Cloud Navy color option provides a stylish and sleek look to this device.
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, or NFC connectivity technology options.
- Enjoy an impressive screen size of 6.5 inches that’s perfect for streaming video content and playing games.
- This phone runs on the Android 10.0 operating system providing users with top-notch performance and functionality.
With a DXOMARK Camera score of 115, it’s definitely a mid-range device worth considering if you’re into smartphone photography.
One thing that stands out to me is its versatility. The phone offers wide, ultra-wide, and telephoto shots – perfect for capturing different perspectives without having to switch lenses or devices. Plus, the autofocus and OIS make it easy to get crisp shots.
In terms of photo quality, the S20 FE gets most things right. It has accurate target exposures with a decent dynamic range and pleasing color rendering with a neutral white balance. It can also capture a high level of detail in good lighting conditions.
Of course, no camera is perfect, and there are some shortcomings here as well. In very challenging high-contrast scenes, there may be some loss of highlight and shadow detail, but overall results tend to be pleasant in outdoor settings, especially when capturing striking skies or vibrant colors like flora & fauna.
Indoors under low light situations coupled with zooming in too many highlights an increase in noise which may lead to a reduction in details being captured.
- Enjoy lightning-fast 5G connectivity with minimal lag thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G Mobile Platform.
- Never miss a moment with Single-Take AI, which captures multiple images and videos at once with just one tap of the screen.
- Get incredibly detailed and colorful shots even in low-light settings with Night Mode and enhanced camera AI.
- Zoom in up to 30X with Space Zoom and capture stunning pro-grade quality photos/videos using three rear cameras.
- Battery life could be better
- No headphone jack
- Limited color options (only available in Cloud Navy)
- Massive 6.8-inch screen for an immersive visual experience
- Unlocked wireless carrier for ultimate freedom and flexibility
- Vast storage space of 256 GB to store all your media files and apps
- Wide range of connectivity options: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, NFC
- Advanced cellular technology supporting GSM, CDMA, HSPA, EVDO & LTE networks
- Runs on the latest Android 9.0 operating system for smooth performance
The Samsung Galaxy Note10+ is an exceptional device that combines aesthetics and performance. With a sleek Aura Glow Silver design, it sports 256GB storage space, ensuring users can store all their essential files, photos, and videos with ease.
The nearly bezel-less Infinity Display provides an immersive cinematic experience to its users, while the fully unlocked, renewed version makes it even more appealing.
One of the standout features of this smartphone is its S Pen – equipped with air gestures, a remote shutter for quick snapshots, playlist controls for seamless music streaming and impressive handwriting-to-text capabilities.
Paired with magnificent camera features like Pro lenses, super stabilization, and live video bokeh effects, making photography enthusiasts are thrilled about owning this gadget. A reliable Bluetooth v5.0 ensures seamless connectivity as well.
The Samsung Galaxy Note10+ not only boasts a high-end design but also has long-lasting intelligent power and lightning-fast processing speeds that will serve its user efficiently through multitasking demands or entertainment needs alike.
Look no further than the Samsung Galaxy Note10+ if you are searching for a stylish yet powerful phone packed with top-notch innovations in technology and convenience at your fingertips.
- Immersive viewing experience with the nearly bezel-less Infinity display
- High-quality photography and videography with a full set of Pro lenses and super stabilization
- Increased productivity and convenience with the S Pen’s new features, including air gestures, remote shutter, playlist button, and handwriting-to-text capabilities
- Long-lasting battery life and fast charging for uninterrupted use throughout the day.
- Expensive compared to some other smartphones on the market
- Does not include headphones in the box
- No expandable storage option
- Massive 6.4 – inch Infinity Display for breathtaking visuals
- Powerful 128 GB memory capacity to store all your files and media
- Cutting-edge LTE connectivity technology for fast internet speed
- Android operating system with Samsung’s intuitive user interface
- Dual-SIM capability (model SM-G975F/DS) for added convenience
- Stylish black color and sleek design sets it apart from other smartphones
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is an impressive smartphone that boasts a powerful combination of features, making it one of the top choices for users worldwide.
This international model comes with no US warranty but promises compatibility with most GSM SIM cards, such as AT&T and T-Mobile. Beyond its broad network adaptability, the S10+ showcases a sleek design and a water-resistant build based on IP68 rating standards.
The device can withstand submersion up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes, giving users peace of mind when using their phones in various environments.
Powered by Android 9.0 (Pie) and an Exynos 9820 Octa processor, the Galaxy S10+ offers superior performance and speed for multitasking and running heavy applications with ease.
With its stunning 6.4-inch Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen protected by Gorilla Glass 6, users will be immersed in crisp visuals whether browsing media or playing games on this device.
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ also provides ample storage space featuring 128GB internal storage capacity along with 8GB RAM ensuring smooth functionality at all times; furthermore, those who require additional memory can insert up to a 512GB microSD card utilizing the SIM2 slot without any hassle.
- Dual sim capability for international travel and efficient phone management.
- Water and dust resistance, ensuring long-lasting durability and protection against the elements.
- High storage capacity of 128GB with up to 512GB expandable memory, providing ample space for data storage and media consumption.
- Compatibility with most GSM networks worldwide, including AT&T, T – Mobile, MetroPCS, etc., allowing easy access to network services internationally.
- No US warranty included
- Not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon or Sprint
- High-end price point
- 6.5 inch Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB storage options
- 5,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging
- Quad-camera setup with a 48MP primary sensor, 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 5MP macro lens, and 5MP depth sensor
- 32MP front-facing camera for selfies and video calls
- Supports 4K video recording at 30fps and Full HD recording at 60fps
I recently got my hands on the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G and was excited to test out its camera capabilities. The primary lens boasts an impressive 64 MP sensor with an f/1.8-aperture lens and OIS, while the ultra-wide, macro, and depth lenses offer even more versatility.
While it may not be a top performer in the high-end segment with a DXOMARK Camera score of 105, I found that it provided average performance compared to other direct competitors.
In photo mode, I was able to capture images with good target exposure and a wide dynamic range. However, I did notice that HDR processing could sometimes result in a halo effect that made the subject look unnatural in the scene.
The detail is pretty good under indoor conditions or bright light, but noise is often noticeable. The colors are nice overall, though there were times when I noticed a slight green cast in some scenes.
In low-light situations, however, this camera truly shines. The detail preservation graph showed it performs better than comparable devices for low-light photography but lags slightly behind Realme GT Neo 2 when shooting in bright light environments.
- Large Super AMOLED display with high resolution for an immersive viewing experience
- Powerful Snapdragon 720G chipset ensures smooth performance for everyday tasks as well as gaming
- Multiple RAM and storage options to choose from according to your needs
- Large 5,000mAh battery with fast charging support ensures long battery life
- Halo effects can result in unnatural subject exposure
- Image noise and white-balance cast in bright light and indoors
- 5G connectivity for lightning-fast mobile internet speeds
- Large, clear 6.5 – inch screen for immersive viewing
- Generous 128 GB memory storage capacity for all your apps and media
- Unlocked wireless carrier compatibility for maximum flexibility
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, and NFC connectivity options to stay connected wherever you go
- Trustworthy Samsung brand with a top-of-the-line Android operating system
The Samsung Galaxy A52 5G is a powerful and feature-rich smartphone offering high-end performance at an affordable price.
Designed to withstand daily wear and tear, this factory-unlocked Android device sports a sleek matte finish and dust & water resistance that allows it to be submerged in up to 3 feet of water for 30 minutes without damage.
With its stunning 6.5″ Infinity-O Full HD+ display screen, users can enjoy their favorite content in vibrant colors and sharp detail.
Equipped with a versatile camera setup, the Galaxy A52 5G allows you to effortlessly capture memorable moments in various settings. The impressive 64MP main camera enables you to shoot high-resolution portraits, while the wide-angle option ensures gorgeous landscape photography.
Additionally, super-steady video recording with OIS minimizes blur caused by shaky hands or moving subjects—perfect for amateur filmmakers or vloggers.
Despite its competitive pricing, this smartphone features top-notch specifications such as the efficient 5nm Octa-core processor along with extra virtual memory for RAM boost—ideal for multitasking effortlessly and online gaming sessions alike.
- Enjoy the lightning-fast performance with a 5nm octa-core processor and extra virtual memory for a RAM boost.
- Stay stylish and protected with a modern matte finish, sleek design, dust resistance, and water resistance up to 3 feet for 30 minutes.
- Experience dazzling visuals on an edge-to-edge Infinity-O Full HD+ display with versatile camera options, including high-res portraits in 64MP, wide landscapes, and super-steady video recording with OIS.
- Carry all your media files wherever you go thanks to the phone’s built-in 128GB storage capacity – expandable up to an additional 1TB – while enjoying long-lasting battery life that can easily handle gaming or streaming needs.
- No wireless charging capability
- Non-removable battery
- No headphone jack
Consider your budget, desired camera features, screen size and quality, processor and RAM, and battery life when choosing a Samsung camera phone.
One of the most crucial factors to consider when choosing a Samsung camera phone is your budget. Samsung offers a wide range of camera phones with varying prices, from high-end flagship models to affordable alternatives without sacrificing quality.
The latest Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and Note 22 Ultra are expensive but offer exceptional features, such as top-of-the-line cameras and processors for professional-grade photography.
When choosing a Samsung camera phone, it’s essential to consider the desired camera features. Samsung offers an array of advanced camera systems, multiple lenses for different photography needs, high-megapixel cameras, professional-grade video recording capabilities, and AI features for improved photography.
For instance, if you’re looking for excellent low-light photography capabilities or an optical zoom lens to capture distant subjects, then the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is a great option.
On the other hand, if you want high-quality images with a range of colors and tones but don’t necessarily need large file sizes that take up too much storage space on your device, then the Galaxy S21 Ultra is perfect with its 108-megapixel primary sensor.
Additionally, Samsung phones like A72 & A52 offer a quad-camera setup along with a smooth experience in a budget-friendly manner which makes them ideal for anyone who desires all-around performance without breaking their bank account.
The screen size and quality of a Samsung camera phone are important factors to consider when choosing the best device for your photography needs. Samsung offers a variety of screen sizes ranging from 5.8 inches to over 6.9 inches, catering to different preferences.
Additionally, the quality of the display is crucial as it impacts how you view your photos and videos. The latest high-end Samsung phones feature an AMOLED display with vibrant colors, deep blacks, and an excellent contrast ratio that enhance the visual appeal of images captured by its camera.
However, budget-friendly models may come with a lower-quality display panel that could affect image clarity and detail retention.
The processor and RAM are two essential components that determine how well a Samsung camera phone will perform. A phone with a powerful processor and ample RAM ensures that the user can take high-quality photos at lightning-fast speed without any lag or interruption.
Having a robust processor also means that users can run multiple camera apps simultaneously without experiencing any slowdowns. This feature is particularly useful when experimenting with different camera settings or enhancing images using third-party editing applications.
Furthermore, higher-end processors often have machine learning algorithms built-in, allowing them to identify objects in real time and adjust image settings accordingly for optimal results.
Samsung camera phones are well-known for their impressive battery life, which is a crucial aspect of the overall smartphone experience. The latest Samsung phones come with high-capacity batteries that can last all day and even into the next day without needing to be charged.
The battery performance of Samsung camera phones has improved significantly over the years, thanks in part to cutting-edge technology like quick charging and wireless power sharing.
Some phone models, like the Galaxy A72, have up to 5000mAh capacity batteries providing long-lasting usage times.
Furthermore, users who prioritize their device’s endurance will find that certain Galaxy smartphones offer fantastic backup features such as ultra-power saving mode or adaptive power-saving mode, which not only extend your phone’s charge but also balance performance with efficiency.
We will compare the Samsung camera phones based on their camera specs and features, performance and speed, display quality, battery life, and pros and cons of each model.
Samsung has always been at the forefront of innovation when it comes to camera specs and features on their smartphones. Several Samsung phones offer advanced camera systems, multiple lenses for various photography needs, high-megapixel cameras, professional-grade video recording, and AI features for improved photography.
Moreover, some Samsung models come equipped with dual-camera setups that offer optical zoom capabilities for taking pictures from a distance. Additionally, Samsung’s mobile devices have impressive low-light performance thanks to their wide aperture lenses that allow more light into the sensor.
The software is also a crucial part of what makes these cameras so great; Samsung’s proprietary camera app offers an intuitive interface with plenty of settings to customize your photos exactly how you want them.
In addition to camera quality, performance, and speed are crucial factors when choosing a Samsung camera phone. A powerful processor and sufficient RAM ensure smooth multitasking and app usage without lagging or crashing.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, for instance, boasts one of the fastest processors on the market – Exynos 2100 chipset – which delivers lighting-fast speeds in everything from gaming to scrolling through social media feeds.
With such a powerful chip onboard, you’ll be able to launch multiple apps simultaneously while still experiencing quick response times and snappy load times.
Samsung is known for producing phones with excellent display quality, and the same can be said for their camera phones. High-quality displays are essential when it comes to mobile photography, as they allow users to see their subjects clearly and view images in great detail.
Samsung’s flagship models come with Super AMOLED displays that offer bright colors, deep blacks, and high contrast ratios.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra stands out in terms of display quality thanks to its 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel that offers a resolution of 3200 x 1440 pixels. This phone has HDR10+ support, which makes it ideal for watching videos or viewing photos with rich colors and vivid details.
Overall, Samsung’s camera phones deliver excellent display quality paired with powerful cameras that capture stunning photos even in low-light conditions.
Another factor to consider when choosing a Samsung camera phone is battery life. With all the advanced camera features and high-quality displays, it’s essential for a phone to have long-lasting battery power.
The latest Samsung models offer impressive battery life, ensuring you can snap photos and record videos without worrying about your device dying on you in the middle of an important shoot.
For example, the Galaxy S21 Ultra boasts a 5,000mAh battery that can last up to two days on a single charge, making it perfect for photography enthusiasts who are always on the go.
On the other hand, budget-friendly options like the Galaxy A52 come with 4,500mAh batteries that can handle daily use efficiently while still providing ample juice for photography sessions.
Samsung has some of the best camera phones on the market, making them a popular choice for mobile phone photography enthusiasts.
With advanced camera systems, multiple lenses for various photography needs, high-megapixel cameras, and professional-grade video recording features, Samsung’s latest smartphones offer users an unparalleled mobile photography experience.
When choosing a Samsung camera phone to buy, it is important to consider factors such as budget, desired camera features like zoom capabilities and image stabilization technology, as well as battery life, screen size, and quality, among others.